The Proof is in the Results
General Plastics doesn’t simply test our polyurethane foam products to ensure they meet our own tough standards. We are relentless about making sure that what we produce adheres to our customers’ exact requirements and specifications for their applications. This makes precise, absolutely reliable results essential. That’s why we consistently follow well-defined procedures that reflect industry best practices and proprietary procedures.Formulating, producing, testing and applying our polyurethane foam materials gives us unique insight into their distinct properties. Their consistent performance depends on our ability to navigate myriad test methods, specifications and customer requirements. Our well-honed quality assurance activities have made General Plastics a recognized center of excellence for physical property, flammability and developmental testing.
General Plastics Quality Policy
It is our policy to produce quality products that meet customer requirements and expectations, while remaining committed to continually improving the effectiveness of the quality management system.
General Plastics’ extensive quality assurance program satisfies the demanding requirements of the aerospace industry, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Department of Defense.
- ISO 9001:2015/AS9100D (view certificate)
- Boeing D6-82479
Nadcap Certification (View Certificate)
- AC 7130 Rev C – Nadcap Audit Criteria for Measurement & Inspection (M&I) Accreditation Program
- AC 7130/1 Rev A – Nadcap Audit Criteria for Measurement & Inspection (M&I) Accreditation Program – Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
Other Quality Conformances
- BMS 8-133: Flame-Retardant Rigid Urethane Foams (core materials)
- BMS 8-350: Integral Skinning Flexible Urethane Foam and Paint for Molded Products
- BMS 8-39: Flexible Urethane Foams
- BMS 8-436: Integral Skinning Flexible Urethane Foam and Paint for Molded Products
- Federal Aviation Agency approval of burn test facilities in 2010.
- ITAR Compliant