MARINE FOAM SHEETS
LAST-A-FOAM® TR-Marine High Density Foam Core
LAST-A-FOAM® TR-Series Marine high-density polyurethane foams are specially formulated to meet the physical property demands of FRP-composite boat builders. These marine polyurethane foams provide structural strength with moisture resistance, enabling boat designers to replace wood components with a top-quality, non-decaying product. This product is fully compatible with fiberglass-laminating production methods.
This series is non-abrasive and can be machined with standard high-speed steel (HSS) cutting tools. It can also be cut cleanly with water jets and traditional wood-carving tools.
Our marine polyurethane foams are produced in a range of densities, allowing designers and engineers to best align physical properties with structural needs. For maximum economy, use the materials matched to the anticipated stresses.
Special Sizes, Custom Profiles, Kitted Parts
Production boat builders also rely on General Plastics for CNC-machined finished parts. We cut transoms, stringers and other special shapes with top-quality high-density foam that’s ready to use, with no wasted time or materials. We are adept at maximizing the yield of the material we machine. In addition, we can kit your parts to streamline production in your factory.
Click here to request a sample of this product.
- Grain-free material
- Closed-cell polyurethane foam
- Will not absorb liquid water, and is largely unaffected by solvents and paints
- Fiberglass laminating resins bond readily to LAST-A-FOAM® TR-Series Marine Foams; no mold-release contamination to inhibit bonding
- Special surface treatment is available for high-density transom shapes, to allow even higher-strength bonds
- No strength-compromising glass-fiber fillers are used in TR-Series Marine Foams
- Transoms – Use 15-, 20- or 24-lb. pcf density
- Stringers – Use 6- to 20-lb. pcf density depending on structural need
- Seat mounting pads, steering wheel mounting – Use 24- to 30-lb. pcf density
- Decks, bulkheads – Use 10- to 15-lb. pcf density, depending on laminate schedule
- Deck, bulkhead reinforcement – Use trapezoidal X-section beams in 6-lb. pcf density
- Fish boxes, bait wells, freezer insulation – Use 6-lb. per cubic foot density
- Cabinets, doors, seats, walls – Use 6- 10-lb. per cubic foot density
- Hard points for lifting lugs, cleats, drain ports, etc. – Use 24- 30-lb. per cubic foot density
- I/O motor mounts – Use 24- 30-lb. per cubic foot density
ENGLISH UNIT (in)
METRIC UNIT (cm)
Shown are maximum standard stock sizes based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from .125 inches (3.175 mm) up to standard stock heights as listed above.