Polyurethane Subsea Buoyancy Foam
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 BUOYANCY FOAM SERIES
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 is a closed-cell, hydrostatic pressure-resistant polyurethane foam that provides buoyancy to depths of up to 1,200 feet. It is typically supplied uncoated, however we have the ability to coat the foam to enhance its performance.
This semi-submersible foam is engineered to resist penetration by water, and is optimal for shallow to mid-water subsea buoyancy systems, marine and underwater robotics applications. Due to its pressure resistance to many fluids and resins, it is also used in resin-transfer molding as a core material.
- Easy to machine, coat*, and paint
- Provides buoyancy with depths to 1,200 feet (366 meters) uncoated*
- Dimensionally stable
- Excellent compressive and insulation properties
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- High impact resistance
- Biologically inert
- Oil, grease, and solvent resistant
- Cost-effective solution
- Does not rot or decay
- Performs in freshwater or saltwater
- Compatible with many types of adhesives
Shown are maximum standard sizes based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from 3.175 mm up to standard stock heights as listed above.