Polyurethane Subsea Buoyancy Foam
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 BUOYANCY FOAM SERIES
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 is a machinable, hydrostatic pressure-resistant foam that provides buoyancy underwater (to depths of 1,200 ft., uncoated or 2,400 ft. coated). Its closed-cell structure is engineered to resist penetration by water. LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 semi-submersible foam is optimal for shallow to mid-water subsea buoyancy systems, marine and underwater robotics applications.
This subsea polyurethane foam supports training operations for the International Space Station, providing buoyancy for assembly components in pools that simulate weightlessness. Due to its pressure resistance to many fluids and resins, it is also used in resin-transfer molding as a core material.
Click here to request a sample of this product.
- Easy to machine, coat, and paint
- Provides buoyancy with depths to 1,200 ft uncoated or 2,400 ft. coated
- Dimensionally stable
- Excellent compressive and insulation properties
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- High impact resistance
- Biologically Inert
- Oil, grease, and solvent resistant
- Cost-effective solution
- Does not rot or decay
- Performs in freshwater or saltwater
- Compatible with many types of adhesives
- Underwater buoyancy
- Underwater robotics (ROV/AUV)
- Semi-submersible craft
- Pipeline flotation
- Subsea mooring buoyancy
- Buoyancy for assembly components in weightlessness simulation pools
- Underwater pumps for offshore drilling rigs
- Core material for resin-transfer molding
ENGLISH UNIT (in)
METRIC UNIT (cm)
Shown are maximum standard stock sizes based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from 3.175 mm up to standard stock heights as listed above.