Polyurethane Subsea Buoyancy Foam
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 BUOYANCY FOAM SERIES
LAST-A-FOAM® R-3300 is a closed-cell, hydrostatic pressure-resistant polyurethane foam that provides buoyancy to depths of up to 1,200 feet. It is supplied uncoated, however customers may coat the material to significantly increase its depth performance.*
This semi-submersible foam is engineered to resist penetration by water, and is optimal for shallow to mid-water subsea buoyancy systems, marine and underwater robotics applications. Due to its pressure resistance to many fluids and resins, it is also used in resin-transfer molding as a core material.
*Depth test of the coated R-3300, 25 pcf foam demonstrated a depth tolerance of 2,400 feet . The coating used for this depth test was K5™ Abrasion Resistant Spray Applied Elastomer. Click here to view the K5™ tech data sheet. Coating was applied by third party.
Click here to request a sample of this product.
- Easy to machine, coat*, and paint
- Provides buoyancy with depths to 1,200 feet (366 meters) uncoated*
- Dimensionally stable
- Excellent compressive and insulation properties
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- High impact resistance
- Biologically inert
- Oil, grease, and solvent resistant
- Cost-effective solution
- Does not rot or decay
- Performs in freshwater or saltwater
- Compatible with many types of adhesives
- Underwater buoyancy
- Underwater robotics (ROV/AUV)
- Semi-submersible craft
- Pipeline flotation
- Subsea mooring buoyancy
- Buoyancy for assembly components in weightlessness simulation pools
- Underwater pumps for offshore drilling rigs
- Core material for resin-transfer molding
Shown are maximum standard sizes based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from 3.175 mm up to standard stock heights as listed above.