Energy Absorption Low-Density Foam
EF-4000 Energy Absorption Low-Density Foam
LAST-A-FOAM® EF-4000 foams provide outstanding protection in impact and shock-absorption applications. They exhibit relatively “flat” load-deflection curves, absorbing energy while exposing delicate parts to consistent lower-level stresses. These foams are manufactured in the density range of 3 to 7 lbs. cubic foot. This material can provide superior vibration dampening and cushioning for loads in the 0.1 to 2.0 psi static stress load range. They are available as flexible polyurethane foam sheets and blocks.
Shock Absorbing Polyurethane Foam
This extremely durable polyurethane foam series is formulated to absorb applications below 180°F. For a flame-resistant version, specify LAST-A-FOAM® EFR-400x formulations. In aerospace and defense applications, EF-4000 flexible foams have been used extensively as “spring-damper” shock isolation systems to protect missiles in underground silos and nuclear submarine launch tubes. These products have been used extensively in the Polaris and Trident programs for padding on the closures of missile nose cones. They have also served as packaging and support pads for the Air Launch Cruise Missile (ALCM), and been used in the Minuteman and Peacekeeper programs.
In construction, these flexible urethane foams serve as shock-isolation systems for earthquake-prone buildings. They also provide shock mounts andpads for delicate equipment in shipping containers, and vibration damper pads for mechanical equipment.
Click here to download the TDS.
- Superior vibration isolation and cushioning (0.1 to 2.0 psi static stress load range)
- Extremely long-lasting
- Relatively unharmed by environmental factors
- Absorbs significant energy while protecting payloads
- Underground missile silos
- Nuclear submarine launch tubes
- Shock-isolation systems for earthquake-prone buildings
- Shock mounts and pads for shipping delicate items
- Vibration damper pads for mechanical equipment