High Temperature, Low CTE Tooling Material
LAST-A-FOAM® FR-4800 TOOLING FOAM BOARD
Download the FR-4800 Tooling Guide PDF.
LAST-A-FOAM® FR-4800 is a high-temperature tooling board with low CTE which can be used with high-temperature resin systems, such as vinyl esters, epoxies and BMIs, in high-pressure autoclaves and fiber-reinforced composites.
It can withstand peak temperatures up to 480°F (249°C) and continuous use temperatures up to 400°F (204°C). The FR-4800 tooling board is significantly better than other plastics in the market because it does not warp or twist even at elevated temperatures. It will not change shape throughout the course of thermal cycling, preventing out-of-tolerance parts. Furthermore, its predictable and repeatable CTE makes it easy to calculate a tooling correction factor which helps improve the ability to produce high-tolerance parts. This is especially important in the production of parts for the aerospace, defense and automotive industries.
- Peak temperatures up to 480°F (249°C)
- Continuous use temperatures up to 400°F (204°C)
- Low, predictable and repeatable CTE
- Consistent cool-down rate (1°F to 2°F per minute)
- Fully-cured, no outgassing
- Dimensionally predictable at elevated temperatures
- Easily machined, doesn’t chip out
- Offered at 48 pounds per cubic foot
- Made in USA
- Fiber-reinforced composites
- High temperature resin systems
- High-pressure autoclave
- Foam master
- Prepreg composite layup tools
- Vacuum forming
- Short-run tooling
- Pattern making
- Monolithic tools and molds
- Prototype tooling