GP Expands Line of Polyurethane Continuous Insulation Blocks
Polyurethane Insulation Blocks for the Construction Industry
New applications for wood-alternative thermal isolation blocks help extend structural insulation from below ground to the building roof
TACOMA, Wash., January 16, 2014 – Polyurethane innovator General Plastics Manufacturing Company has added new products to its premier LAST-A-FOAM® R-9300 Continuous Insulation Block Series. Addressing the need for thermal isolation while supporting heavy structural loads, the company’s expanded thermal block offerings extend a building insulation envelope from the roof to the foundation.
“We developed these new products in response to construction industry customers looking for comprehensive solutions to applications requiring thermal isolation,” explained President Bruce Lind. “Beyond our thermal column-bearing and floor reinforcement blocks, we now offer a full range of custom-cut insulating polyurethane blocks that outperform other materials.”
As shown in this YouTube video, the LAST-A-FOAM® R-9300 Continuous Insulation Block Series for industrial and cold-storage buildings now spans the following products and applications:
- Structural Thermal Isolation Column Block – designed to support heavy structural loads while maintaining thermal control within building interiors
- Precast/Tilt-Up Concrete Wall Panel Block for Load-Bearing Walls – prevents thermal energy transfer between the building and ground when installed under precast, tilt-up and brick/block walls
- LAST-A-FOAM® R-9320 IMP Thermal Floor Reinforcement Block – cost-effectively supports shelving and provides a thermal break within floor panels of insulated walk-in coolers and freezers
- Tank Isolation Protection Block – reduces condensation by thermally isolating chiller equipment from its supporting structure
- Canopy/Mansard Support Block – creates a thermal barrier for metal canopy or mansard supports at structural penetrations
- Roof Equipment Support Block – supports HVAC and other heavy equipment on building roofs while preventing radiant heat transfer to the building interior
- Perimeter Fall-Protection Block – serves as a key component of a commercial or industrial roof safety system
Proven thermal solutions outperform other materials
General Plastics’ Continuous Insulation Blocks are made of high-density rigid cellular polyurethane material. The foam’s closed-cell structure is inert and prevents absorption of moisture, so it does not rot or dissolve in subgrade applications, or promote corrosion of steel components. These construction blocks combine high compressive strength with minimal deflection and extraordinary thermal insulation values, reducing thermal bridging through adjoining materials. Their proven energy efficiency and durability make these thermal insulating blocks a cost-effective investment for long-term applications. In addition to offering a full-building insulation envelope, LAST-A-FOAM® R-9300 Continuous Insulation Blocks arrive on-site ready to install. Blocks are custom manufactured to specific job requirements and can be predrilled with anchor-bolt holes.
“Through our partner CSI, customers will find a full range of high-quality insulated construction solutions that extend from below ground to the roof. They will also appreciate CSI’s technical expertise and responsive service in helping them choose, spec and use the right LAST-A-FOAM® 9300 Continuous Insulation Blocks for their specific application and project,” Lind added.