HIGH-DENSITY FOAM PRODUCTS FOR MEDICAL AND LIFE SCIENCE APPLICATIONS
General Plastics’ rigid polyurethane foam makes a meaningful difference in the medical and life science fields. Our specially engineered LAST-A-FOAM® Performance Core Series and X-ray Transparent Core Series have a strong track record of use with medical imaging equipment. The high-density foam material is lightweight yet strong, while providing a homogeneous background that is transparent to X-rays. These characteristics make our medical-industry foams ideal as core panels for X-ray and diagnostic tables, beds for CT scanners, and as calibration materials. And, thanks to its low AI equivalent, LAST-A-FOAM® supports high-quality X-ray and CT images with minimal patient radiation exposure.
LAST-A-FOAM® FR-3700 products possess properties that mimic human bone densities. They are regularly used in orthopedics as artificial media for bone testing. They serve as a close approximation of human bone for research purposes, and for medical students to develop their surgical skills.
Our foams provide core material for composite prostheses and enable reconstructive procedures. For example, General Plastics’ LAST-A-FOAM® FR-4540 tooling board material is used to manufacture state-of-the-art compression therapy masks that accelerate the healing of burn patients.
Click here to request a sample kit.
- Specialty foam can be formulated and designed to custom specifications
- Fine, uniform cell structure provides a homogeneous background with no inclusions
- Lightweight yet sturdy medium
- Transparent to x-rays and MRI radio frequency waves
- Foam calibration materials
- Artificial bone test media
- X-ray and diagnostic tables
- Diagnostic imaging beds
- Prosthetic blank material
- Core material for manufacturing composite prostheses
- Custom foam material for reconstructive applications and procedures