Marine Grade Foam
MARINE FOAM SHEETS
LAST-A-FOAM® TR Marine foams are specifically formulated to meet the demanding requirements of the boating industry at a competitive price. They allow builders of recreational watercraft and yachts to replace wood components with top-quality, non-decaying marine polyurethane products for laminated fiberglass composite structures. Because our time-tested foams for boats do not absorb water, General Plastics’ marine polyurethane products do not rot, warp, bow or delaminate.
Our HDU marine-grade foam serves as core material for building transoms, hulls and bulkheads. It also provides an enduring, cost-effective choice for polyurethane boat interiors. Boat builders rely on our FR-7100 Multi-use Core series to insulate fish boxes, bait wells and marine fiberglass bait freezers.
Many OEMs depend on our LAST-A-FOAM® Composite Core and Tooling Board Series, which bonds readily and securely to fiberglass laminating resin sytems. Its excellent bonding ability also enables manufacturers to create oversize foam blocks, needed to design large finished molds for yacht hulls.
Read this case application to learn more how General Plastics’ Polyurethane Foams show value in subsea and marine applications.
Click here to request a sample kit.
- Excellent strength-to-weight ratio
- Fully compatible with fiberglass-laminating production methods
- Closed cell foam sheets
- Closed-cell polyurethane foam does not absorb water
- Will not rot, warp, bow or delaminate from water intrusion
- Uniform, grain-free material
- Special surface groove treatment available to maximize bonding in high-density transom shapes
- Contains no strength-compromising glass-fiber fillers
- Readily bond to fiberglass laminating resins
- Contain no mold-release contamination to inhibit bonding
- Is largely unaffected by solvents and paints
- Excellent CNC capabilities
- Seat mounting pads
- Steering wheel mountings
- Polyurethane marine decks
- Fish boxes
- Marine fiberglass bait freezers and bait wells
- Freezer insulation
- Cabinets, doors, seats and walls
- Hard points for lifting lugs, cleats and drain ports
- I/O motor mounts
- Composite Tooling
Download our Marine brochure here.
- TR-Marine Foam Series
- FR-4500 Tooling Board Series
- FR-4600 Tooling Board Series
- FR-6700 Aerospace Grade Series
- FR-7100 Multi-Use Core and Modeling Board Series
Use our Product Finder tool to find out what product is suitable for your specific application.