Fire Smoke Toxicity Foam Core
LAST-A-FOAM® FR-3800 FST
This halogen-free polyurethane-based foam core material complies with fire, smoke and toxicity (FST) requirements, and Ohio State University (OSU) 65/65 heat release standards for aerospace applications. It is also compliant with the European Union's REACH regulation. Used in conjunction with other materials, FR-3800 FST foam core helps improve aesthetics and reduces costs while meeting fire safety requirements. It is available in a wide range of densities (3 – 40 pcf), and sheet thickness of up to 28 inches. Custom sizes and thickness are also available. This series is an excellent core material alternative to thermoplastics and honeycomb for core and structural FST applications.
Download the FR-3800 FST PDS.
Download the FR-3800 FST TDS.
FR-3800 FST Foam Features and Benefits:
- Passes Fire/Smoke/Toxicity (FST) requirements
- Meets OSU 65/65 heat release standards
- Alternative to thermoplastics and honeycomb in FST applications
- Sheet thickness up to 28"
- Withstands process temperatures up to 310°F
- High strength-to-weight ratio from crosslinked structure
- Thermoformable into simple curves
- Shapes easily with common machining methods
- Bonds well with composite skins
- Resistant to most chemicals and solvents
- Will not support fungal growth
- No edge-closing or filling needed
FST Foam Core Applications:
- First-class seating pods
- Sandwich core:
o Ceiling and wall panels
o Floor ramps
o Door panels
o Hard points in composite panels
o Passenger cabin class dividers
o Seat backs
o Tray tables
- Lightweight flyaway parts
- Edge closeouts
- Support/shim pieces
Shown are maximum standard stock sizes based on density. Custom sizes are available. Cut sizes are available from .125 inches (3.175 mm) up to standard stock heights as listed above.
Click here to Request a Quote
or call us today at
800.806.6051 (US) +1 253.473.5000 (international)