Production Worker Job OPENING
Immediate positions available! Are you looking for an opportunity with an established company that offers the best benefits package in the south Puget Sound? We are Tacoma’s best kept secret and we are looking for production workers in our Tacoma manufacturing plant!
Fabricates and assembles plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment. Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications.
- Operate various cutting equipment such as band saws, table saws, routers and shapers; operate various mixing equipment
- Manipulate small tools such as micrometers, calipers, box knife, exacto knife
- Spray materials (colors, adhesives, etc) onto plastic/foam parts
- Cut, deflash and fabricate various rigid and flexible foam parts
- Read, interpret and convey instructions, verbally and in written form
- Must have have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to receive and interpret instructions and directions from supervisors and peers
- Must demonstrate good judgment to perform the job correctly and safely
- Standing 8 hours per day
- Finger dexterity – the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Arm-hand steadiness – the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Ability to work with or around chemical solvents
Apply online and then come in Monday – Friday for an immediate interview between 11am – 1pm at:
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
General Plastics Manufacturing Company is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Your innovation and hard work can help create some of the most unique high performance plastic products for emerging markets, and long term customers in the country. As a result, you’ll find one of the best compensation, benefits and advancement programs in the industry.
We’re looking for energetic, motivated people with a “can-do” attitude and a desire to work “smart.” If you are a person with a strong work ethic who enjoys the chance to excel in a positive, team oriented setting, you’ll find General Plastics to be a rewarding environment.