Let your talents shine from the deep sea to deep space
Tacoma-based General Plastics is an innovative leader committed to consistently providing our global clients with premier chemistry-based products and creative solutions. We work with major aerospace manufacturers and other forward-thinking companies in diverse industries, including defense, building construction, tooling, prototyping, marine, nuclear containment and transportation, medical, sports and recreation, and others.
We seek talented, creative, dedicated and professional individuals with a “can-do” attitude to contribute to our team and propel our clients’ success. We know that takes passion, energy, imagination and integrity in every area of our business. That’s why General Plastics invests in great people who share our values, mission and vision.
- 401 (K) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Earned Time Off (ETO)
- Paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- Bonus Potential
General Plastics Manufacturing Company is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in our employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Current Job Opening(s) in Tacoma, WA
The Software Engineer/Developer is an exempt position that requires strong analysis skills and will be responsible for architecting and developing applications that support our business processes. Experience with the full software development lifecycle is required – from opportunity identification and requirements gathering to deployment. The ideal candidate will have strong business analysis and development skills along with the ability to turn customer requirements into stable, innovative IT solutions. Excellent communication and people skills are required as you will be interacting with others from all levels of the organization.
Provide day-to-day support to a diverse group with unique business and application needs
Troubleshoot application issues and identify enhancements needed to meet evolving user requirements
Understand business needs and opportunities and identify IT solutions that meet those needs
Design, build, test, and deploy solutions that meet business requirements
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent education, training and/or experience
3+ years of successful information technology experience to include business analysis, solutions architecture, application development, and support
Strong communication (written and verbal) and teaming skills
Technical, analytical, and problem identification/resolution skills
3+ years of experience with:
- Microsoft development stack – Visual Studio, .Net, C#, ASP.Net, Entity framework, MVC, WCF
- Relational databases – SQL Server and MySQL
- Basic Windows Server Administration
Experience with web services: REST, SOAP, JSON, XML
Experience Ruby on Rails development
Experience with business intelligence concepts and technologies
All applicants must pass drug screen and background check.
Qualified applicants should submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Fabricates and assembles plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment. Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications.
- Operate various cutting equipment such as band saws, table saws, routers and shapers; operate various mixing equipment
- Manipulate small tools such as micrometers, calipers, box knife, exacto knife
- Spray materials (colors, adhesives, etc) onto plastic/foam parts
- Cut, deflash and fabricate various rigid and flexible foam parts
- Read, interpret and convey instructions, verbally and in written form
- The employer requires that workers have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to receive and interpret instructions and directions from supervisors and peers
- Must demonstrate good judgment to perform the job correctly and safely
- Standing 8 hours per day
- Finger dexterity – the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Arm-hand steadiness – the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Ability to work with or around chemical solvents
Click here to Request a Quote
or call us today at
800.806.6051 (US) +1 253.473.5000 (international)