Let your talents shine from the deep sea to deep space
Tacoma-based General Plastics is an innovative leader committed to consistently providing our global clients with premier chemistry-based products and creative solutions. We work with major aerospace manufacturers and other forward-thinking companies in diverse industries, including defense, building construction, tooling, prototyping, marine, nuclear containment and transportation, medical, sports and recreation, and others.
We seek talented, creative, dedicated and professional individuals with a “can-do” attitude to contribute to our team and propel our clients’ success. We know that takes passion, energy, imagination and integrity in every area of our business. That’s why General Plastics invests in great people who share our values, mission and vision.
- 401 (K) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Earned Time Off (ETO)
- Paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- Bonus Potential
General Plastics Manufacturing Company is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in our employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Current Job Opening(s) in Tacoma, WA
Fabricates and assembles plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment. Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications.
- Operate various cutting equipment such as band saws, table saws, routers and shapers; operate various mixing equipment
- Manipulate small tools such as micrometers, calipers, box knife, exacto knife
- Spray materials (colors, adhesives, etc) onto plastic/foam parts
- Cut, deflash and fabricate various rigid and flexible foam parts
- Read, interpret and convey instructions, verbally and in written form
- The employer requires that workers have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to receive and interpret instructions and directions from supervisors and peers
- Must demonstrate good judgment to perform the job correctly and safely
- Standing 8 hours per day
- Finger dexterity – the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Arm-hand steadiness – the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Ability to work with or around chemical solvents
This position will be responsible for providing general human resource support, with an emphasis on recruiting, to achieve the goals and objectives of the Human Resources Department. This is a non-exempt, full-time position that will support the HR and Administrative support team.
- Oversee day-to-day activities relative to the filling of specific positions; sourcing, recruiting and interviewing for all non-exempt positions.
- Generate, develop and implement creative sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate staffing processes to include advertisements, screening and review of resumes, conducting background and reference checks and preparing offer letters.
- Network with external organizations to generate candidate leads and ongoing talent pool.
- Participate in and coordinate recruiting efforts such as job fairs and community activities.
- Prepare job descriptions and manage personnel files.
- Assist in new hire training and orientations.
- Assist in completion of departmental and front-office administrative needs.
- Support return-to-work and employee relation activities.
- Participate in the Safety Committee; support Operation’s safety efforts as needed
- Review Safety Data Sheets for Document Control
- Event organization for Summer and Winter
- Event and meeting support including Costco runs, catering arrangement, set-up/tear down
- Training coordination, including sourcing trainers and review of safety requirements
- Maintain OSHA 300 log
- Completion of annual EEO-1 Survey and Vet 100 as necessary
- Accident investigation
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources or the equivalent.
- 1+ years experience in recruiting and human resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Click here to Request a Quote
or call us today at
800.806.6051 (US) +1 253.473.5000 (international)